Digital rights are those human rights and legal rights that allow individuals to access, use, create, and publish digital media or to access and use computers, other electronic devices, and telecommunications networks. The concept is particularly related to the protection and realization of existing rights, such as the right to privacy and freedom of expression, in the context of digital technologies, especially the Internet. The laws of several countries recognize a right to Internet access. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_right)
Rights In Digital: Claudio Palmieri's personal website and blog about law, digital rights and new technologies
RightsinDigital is Claudio Palmieri's personal website and blog about law, digital rights and new technologies.
Claudio Palmieri is a European Union and Italian lawyer and a computer science enthusiast.
As a lawyer, he represents a variety of clients. Serving businesses and individuals in general corporate matters, Mr. Palmieri has provided legal counsel regarding international, European, and commercial and administrative law.
Recently, his practice has focused on data protection (privacy), fintech, cryptocurrency, corporate law and EU funds.
Mr. Palmieri has significant governmental experience, particularly regarding European Union legal issues. He was the legal and institutional affairs representative for the Calabria Region to the European Union in Brussels, where Mr. Palmieri was the key contact person for EU state aid and allegations of violation of Eu legislation in the region, and was responsible for monitoring EU legislation and decision making.
Among other roles, Mr. Palmieri also served
- as legal counsel on goverment procurement issues, EU funds and environmental questions and institutional lobbying.
- as the contact person for legal and institutional affairs to the European Parliament, the Directorate-Generals of the European Commission, the EU's Committee of the Regions, the Permanent Representation of Italy to the European Union, and the Conference of Peripheral Maritime Regions;
- as Office Director in Rome of the Autonomous Organizational Unit Specialized in European Politics for the Calabria Region.
Highlights of experience include:
- Planning of data protection policies and compliance with EU and National data protection laws for organizations and enterprises;
- Assisting clients with cryptocurrency disputes;
- Assisting with compliance with EU Antitrust law and practices;
- Providing corporate advice and due diligence for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs);
- Advising on issues of State aid for SMEs;
- Reviewing suspected fraud affecting the European Communities and some Member States' financial interests relating to public contracts, financed by European Development Fund;
- Representing a trade association in an EU court proceeding regarding the interpretation of Article 56 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU) to extend the obligation to disclose economic information to advertising concessionaires that negotiate advertising space on the internet and to companies having their headquarters outside Italy.
The Digital Economy is So Taxing with Stephen Díaz, in https://legalbytes.com/digital-economy-taxing/.
First Joint Consultations May Foreshadow Effectiveness of Privacy Shield, co-author, in Thomson Reuters Cyberspace Lawyer, Vol. 22, Issue 9 at 4 (Oct. 2017), https://legalbytes.com/tag/data-protection/2017.
Practice area summary:
Legal advice, compliance, litigation, administrative procedures, institutional relations, negotiation, speaker in training activities
Main areas of law
European Union, commercial, administrative, tax
Main sectors of activity
ICT and new technologies, agri-food, tourism and cultural heritage
The certifications include:
Machine Learning, Università degli studi di Milano Bicocca, https://www.federica.eu/mooc/c/machine_learning, certificate n. EYwKV8NAaX;
Applied Data Science with Python Specialization, University of Michigan, https://www.coursera.org/account/accomplishments/specialization/KPJASWWQQ3HK. The specialization includes:
- Applied Social Network Analysis in Python;
- Applied Text Mining in Python;
- Introduction to Data Science in Python;
- Applied Plotting, Charting & Data Representation in Python;
- Applied Machine Learning in Python
Probability and Statistics: To p or not to p?, University of London, https://www.coursera.org/account/accomplishments/verify/H4JB2TLW9FBJ,
Data Science Math Skills, Duke University, https://www.coursera.org/account/accomplishments/verify/TNZ7AWV7KUJP
Big data and database
Tackling the Challenges of Big Data, MIT Professional Education: https://s3.amazonaws.com/verify.edx.org/downloads/f6b1160c9faa45948b601ca5b901a566/Certificate.pdf;
CornellX, ENGRI1280x, Wiretaps to Big Data, https://verify.edx.org/cert/a61c7898531643ef8c8f5daffb3ddf65.
Information security and network management
Penetration testing with kali linux, Offensive security, https://www.offensive-security.com/
Cyberwar, Surveillance and Security, Cyber101x, AdelaideX, https://verify.edx.org/cert/ed3d89c4adc54a0b8bd75a7f6034bd0f.
Studio Legale Palmieri
Viale Luca Guarico, 91/93
tel. +39 06 92957605